Saturday, June 21, 2014

Move-SF Functional Mobility class- Friday June 20th Workout, and Cardio Workout w/ Abs

Hello everyone!

I know I haven't been posting as much this week. That is because this week, has been the week of classes for me! I posted my workouts for Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday I attended another Barry's bootcamp class with my girl Thea Nolan, and our friend Marc Crosetti, as seen below! This was after class as you can tell my our glowing faces! :)


Thursday, I went to a TRX Rip trainer course where I was able to get my workout in, by learning new movements with the Rip trainer! It was a lot of fun and I was able to learn and enjoy my time with my co-worker Precious Moreno. The class was taught by the creator of the Rip trainer Peter Holman, he was very knowledgeable and you could tell he has a real passion for what he does. It was a great class and I have been using the Rip trainer with all my clients, it is a great tool! 


Now let's talk about the class that I took on Friday! I took this class out of a private gym in SF, called Move-SF. This is the private gym that I work out of, it is a great facility, and the people that work their are very friendly and knowledgable. The owner Matt Tripp, is the one who lead the class. Matt is a Stanford graduate and he really knows his stuff, any exercise science questions I have, Matt is my goto guy. I now have time open to take his class on Friday's which I am really excited about. This is the second time that I have taken this class, but it had been a long while. 

The class works on functional mobility, while of course strengthening and toning! It consists of three 4 parts a warm-up, total body movements (some kettle bells where used, but mostly body weight), core, and stretch/ cool down to finish it up. After the warm-up, Matt went through the 6 exercises we would be doing, we did these exercises for three rounds. The first and second round lasting 1:00 minute and the last round 30 seconds of whatever you have left to give. The core portion consisted of three different exercises lasting 1:00 minute, and then we ended with a nice stretch. 

Matt is FANTASTIC at correcting your movements and making sure that the correct muscles are engaging. He's cueing is excellent and makes the class easy to understand. I really enjoyed my time, and felt like a got in a great workout. I really enjoyed the stretch at the end because I really need to focus on that, and a lot of class do minimal stretching, and it usually is not correct to make sure you are stretching out the correct muscles. I also, really enjoyed the music which is a big thing for me! Overall I would HIGHLY recommend this class to anyone, the more you go, the better you will become at the movements, and most importantly the stronger you will become. Also, the movements that are preformed in the class you use in everyday life, such as reaching for or with objects, stretching, shifting weight rapidly, as well as pulling objects. Also, no matter what level of fitness you are you will be able to rock this class, and it will also rock you! 


Before I attended Matt's class this is what I did: 

Cardio: 
Stair-master: 15 mins, level 7, fat burner 
Superset: 
Tire sledgehammer hits: 10 pound hammer, 3x15 (on each side) 
5 sprints (recovery back) 3x

ABS: 
25 toe touches 
no rest into-
25 alternating toe touches 
no rest into-
20 second uneven v-up hold (right leg) 
no rest into- 
20 second uneven v-up hold (left leg leg)
no rest into-
20 second uneven v-up hold 
no rest into- 
20 second low plank hold
no rest into-
20 second high plank hold 
no rest into-
20 second low plank hold 
no rest into-
5 on each side plank up downs (10 total) 
no rest into-
50 butterfly crunches 
no rest into-
50 regular crunches 

Hope you all are having a great weekend! Make sure you do something active, but also do something fun! YOLO!!!! Talk to you guys next week, and here is a challenge for you, try a class out that you have been wanting to try, or that you have been thinking about for a while! It is a great to mix up your routine, and have fun with it! You never know what you will get out of it! 

Pistols...Out! 
xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment