Sunday, June 15, 2014

Barry's Bootcamp SF

Hi all my worker-outers,

I hope that you all are having a great weekend! I know that I had a busy one! I told you guys that I was going to take Barry's Bootcamp this weekend, and I did. I didn't take it with Barry, but I did take it with his right hand man Martin George! There was no way I was waking up on a Sunday to get my ass handed to me at 8:15am, I am human too, so I opted for the 1:15pm class.

Martin is an incredible instructor, taking his classes to the next level and pushing them to their limits, I know I hit mine. Martin made sure to go around and correct form, as well as challenge people by adding a touch for of resistance. We didn't stop, not once, you are moving the whole class, or at times fighting to do so, but some how he keeps you motivated and moving. The music was upbeat and blaring to keep that energy level high (not my favorite list of songs, but still enjoyed it).

It was by far the hardest class that I have taken in a while, I was sweating bullets, and I'm now dead tired. The class is split into two groups in the beginning, a treadmill group, and a floor group. The treadmill group is always running and going up and down in both incline and speed, always trying to hit your max. As for the floor group, the steppers are set up when you enter, you just have to grab two different sets of weights, light and moderate (8's and 10's for me). These are used interchangeably throughout the workout depending on the exercise.

Overall the class was everything I could have hoped for. I signed up for more, so they are definitely doing something right. I can't wait until next weekend, but feel like I might need it in order to recover lol. Here is a picture after the class of Martin and I.



After the workout, they have an awesome protein shake bar! They label all the ingredients, as well as the nutrition information up on the screens behind the bar. The staff is nice, and the shakes are packed with protein. It is perfect for a post-workout meal, I had the PB&J super yummy! It was a great way to end my visit. 

That was my fun Sunday adventure! I hope you were able to get something fun and active that you enjoyed in this weekend! Remember always try new things, and push your limits, it will only make you better, stronger, or smarter (if you are lucky all three)! Until next time.... 

Pistols...Out! 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment