Wednesday, July 23, 2014

You have to learn to live a little, and my 3 week challenge

Hi everyone,

I know we are half way through the week, but I want to chat a little bit about my weekend. The reason for this being is I know a lot of the time we all get stuck in our grooves weather they are good or bad ones. Ones that we are swarmed with little down time, no YOU time, or just plain crazy. The truth is no matter how busy you are, you need to carve out some time for you. No matter what it is, a class, a trip, journaling, reading, taking a walk. You need time to reflect on yourself, and take time to real let your body heal.

For a lot of us we run our bodies into the ground, it might be mental, physical, or both. For me it's both, I don't take a lot of time to myself. I am always working, working on new ideas, my blog, working out, and taking care of my man and my puppy dog. It's rare that I have down time, and when I do it's usually spent begging out catching up on some T.V. series lol, which is not the most ideal for me. I would like to have a little bit more energy to take a walk, or go chill at the beach, read a book for pleasure.

I have recently began to start taking steps to taking care of my body and my mind. I have started to add in stretching and foam rolling into my routine. As well as, making sure to take days off when my body is telling me it's tired or I just don't have a lot of time in my schedule. A perfect example was yesterday. I was booked all day with clients, and I ended up having one evening client cancel giving me a one hour window to workout, eat, or chill. Whatever option I didn't choose I was convinced that I would do it after my last client at 8:30pm. Well, that is not what happened I decided to eat, relax a little, and drive my man to one of his DJ gigs so I could spend a little bit more time with him. I decided to take the day off from the gym.

This may not seem like a big deal but it is to me, I am always trying to find the time to squeeze in even a 30 minute workout. The truth is I wasn't allowing my body to rest and heal, which can have a negative impact, and make it harder for me to stay on track or reach any new fitness goals I might come up with.

This brings me back to my point of taking care of yourself. Last week, I only worked out 3 times, I know I sound crazy saying only three times, but I'm used to five or six. I went to a music festival that Rastko was DJing (Sk0step-look him up :)). It was a camping festival, which was an awesome experience because I don't remember the last time I went camping. Also, one of the stages a couple friends were playing at was by a river. I was able to lounge on a floaty in the water enjoy my friend and the amazing scenery. Our sleeping situation was the most ideal, but when we got home I made up for the sleep that I missed. I usually spend my weekend blogging, working out, programming for clients, and training as well.




My point is take time to relax, take time for yourself. I know it can be hard and we think that the world will come undone without us but the truth is that it won't. Everything will be ok, take time for you no matter how short or long the time is. Try to schedule at least 15 minutes out of your day for you, just to reflect on your life, what your goals are, what you want to achieve. It will help you more then you know! :)

Alright for my challenge- it's really easy! I am going to take three Barry's bootcamp classes every week for the next 3 weeks! I want you to try and do the same. Find something you enjoy that is challenging and take 3 days each week and push yourself to reach those goals. :) READY, SET, GO!



Pistols Out..
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment