Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Delicious Organic Pesto Balsamic Turkey Sandwich and Artichoke Pork Chops w/ a Fried Egg

Hello peeps!

I hope you are having a great week! I took yesterday off since I will be working out five days in a row, I wanted to give myself time to recover. I did spend 45 minutes yesterday foam rolling, my legs have been tight due to all the sprinting I have been doing at Barry's bootcamp. I was able to get some cardio in today and hopefully later some abs.

I wanted to share with you some yummy recipes that I put together over the weekend! I think that you all will enjoy them. Also, remember you can be as creative with your food as you like, I don't have a set plan most of the time when I make dishes, I just go with what I like and what I think will go well together! It is all a big experiment! :) Don't be afraid to try new things, you will only learn from your mistakes.

Pesto Balsamic Turkey Sandwich: 

Ingredients: (all vegetables are organic)

  • Gluten free bread (Udi's) 
  • Roasted red bell pepper 
  • Pesto paste 
  • Balsamic dressing
  • Thin sliced swiss cheese 
  • Free rage turkey 
  • Spinach 
Preparation: 
(you will need a toaster oven to toast the sandwich, if you don't have one butter your bread before you begin preparation so you are able to cook it on a pan once prep is completed) 
  • Thinly spread pesto sauce onto both pieces of bread
  • Gently dash balsamic onto both pieces as well
  • Layer: 
    • Spinach 
    • Roasted red bell peppers 
    • Turkey 
  • Place Cheese slice on top
  • Place other piece of bread on top
  • Pop in the toaster oven for about 3 minutes or cook on pan once prep is completed until golden brown.
  • Enjoy! 



Artichoke Pork Chops w/ a Fried Egg: for two people

Ingredients(all vegetables are organic)
  • Brown eggs 2
  • Pork chops 3
  • Trader Joe's Artichoke paste 
  • Seasoning: 
    • Black pepper 
    • Garlic powder 
    • Mrs. Dash- garlic and red pepper 


Preparation: 
  • Turn heat to medium 
  • Oil pan (I use grape seed oil) 
  • Place 3 pork chops on pan (if large enough) 
  • Season with 
    • Black pepper 
    • Garlic powder 
    • Mrs. Dash- garlic and red pepper
  • While one side is cooking: 
    • Take a small frying pan and Oil
    • Crack 2 eggs and let cook at medium heat 
  • Let cook for about 5-7 minutes (or until lightly browned)
    • flip 
    • Repeat seasoning on other side- this time adding artichoke paste 
    • let cook for about 5-7 minutes or until your liking 
    • flip one more time leave on each side for about 30 sec to one minute 
  • Your eggs should be done at the same time, the yolk should be semi running
  • Place pork chop on plate, and top with fired egg
  • Enjoy! 

I hope you enjoy these meals as much as I did! 
Until next time peeps! 

Pistols Out! 
xoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment