Tuesday, April 21, 2015

My Birthday and how I kept it balanced, you can too!

Hey-O,

I hope everyone is doing well! Yesterday was my birthday and I had an awesome day celebrating! I was able to train a couple clients, get in a workout, eat a yummy lunch and dinner, and also enjoy those sweets I love so much!

I had an overwhelming amount of love yesterday and I just want to thank everyone for that. You all mean so much to me and I wouldn't be who I am, or where I am without each and everyone of you, so THANK YOU!

Let me get into my day! I am all about that balanced life, I love to workout, but I also love to have fun and eat yummy foods. Now don't get me wrong, healthy food can still be yummy too.

I started my day like any other day, made myself some eggs, with spinach and had some oatmeal to go along with it! I had a lovely vase of flowers waiting for me and a lovely card from my amazing boyfriend.

I went to get in my car and was surprised to see a lovely birthday sign waiting for me, with a car full balloons! I really do have the best boyfriend in the whole entire world.


I proceed to drive to work, and celebrate with some of my favorite jams in the car. I trained a couple of clients and then I was pretty much done for the day. Now here is what you have been waiting for..... MY WORKOUT! :) 

Cardio: 30 minutes on the stair master (fat burner level 10) 

Workout: 
Circuit 1: 60 sec work, 20 sec rest 2x 
  • Surrenders weighted with dumbbells (right leg the first time, left the second) 
  • Burpee tuck jumps
Circuit 2: 60 sec work, 20 sec rest 2x 
  • Jog in place with standing dumbbell front shoulder press 
  • Weighted dumbbell skaters 
  • Frog cruches 
Circuit 3: 2x
  • Pull-ups (As many as possible- AMAP) 
  • Lying oblique crunches (30 sec left side, 30 sec right side) 
  • 10 mountain climbers, 5 push-ups 3x
2x8- Barbell front squats 

After my workout, I went and got myself a tri-tip steak salad with citrus vinaigrette. It is my birthday after all so of course I headed to the sweet shop to see what they had to offer that day. My favorite dessert on the planet has to be Oreos, or anything with Oreos in it!  No joke they had Oreo cupcakes, I lost it for a moment! I was so happy, it really is the little things! :) 


Once I devoured my delicious cupcake, I went home to hang out with my man, my pup, and my amazing friend Devry! Followed by a delicious dinner filled with red meat and wine! 



Life is too short and if you blink you might miss it! You only have one shot so enjoy it! Enjoy the little things and worry about the rest later! I love working out and eating right, but sometimes you just have to let go and realize that you can always start fresh tomorrow, and if tomorrow never comes at least you will have no regrets! Live life, love life, and live it balanced! Fitness and health is super important, but it's not everything! 

Pistols..Out! 
xo 

P.S.- I want to thank everyone again for the beautiful birthday wishes, they mean more than you all will ever know! xoxoxoox 



No comments:

Post a Comment