Sunday, May 10, 2015

Treat your mom right on Mother's Day with this green chile chicken black been salad!

Hey everyone!

Hope you had an awesome week! I tried out a new recipe this week that both my man and I loved so I wanted to share it with you.  Also, I wanted to share with you all a beach body special that is going on for memorial day! For most of us we have a vacation that requires some sort of swim suit. The 3-day refresh is on sale and can help you lose between 5 and 10 pounds. It's a food cleanse, so it resets your body with the nutrients it needs and craves!



On Memorial Day, you'll probably be surrounded by some of your favorite people—and some of your favorite foods! So, while we want you to enjoy the unofficial kickoff to summer...it's completely up to you what you DO or DON'T scarf down.

We know. All that deliciousness is incredibly tempting. But did you know that a holiday meal averages 4,500 calories? To burn it all off, you'd have to run TWO marathons...

OR, you could simply do 3-Day Refresh® a few days BEFORE your Memorial Day feast to combat those extra calories...and be well on your way to looking smoking hot for summer!

Top reasons to do the 3-Day Refresh:*
Lose weight—fast
Break bad eating habits...and kick-start healthy new ones
Feel cleaner, lighter, and healthier
Hurry! Order today to save up to $10 and do 3-Day Refresh before Memorial Day!

Ok let's get into the good stuff and get cooking! I get all of my ingredients from Trader Joe's, but you can get most of list from any super market.

Ingredients:

  • 1 package of chicken tenders 
  • 1 can black beans 
  • Green chile salsa 
  • Grape seed oil 
  • Spinach 
  • Red and Green bell peppers 
  • Gape tomatoes
  • Avocado  
Seasoning: 
  • Taco seasoning 
  • Garlic power
  • Pepper 
  • Cayenne peper 
Preparation: 

1. Set oven to 375 
2. Coat oven safe pan with grape seed oil 
3. Separate chicken tenders and place in pan 
4. Season chicken to your liking with: 

  • Taco seasoning 
  • Garlic power
  • Pepper 
  • Cayenne peper 
5. Place in oven for 55 minutes 
6. Prep veggies- wash and cut
  • Spinach- place on plate
  • Avocado- cut in half take out seed and slice into cubes  
  • Red and Green bell peppers- dice into small cubes  
  • Grape tomatoes- chop into 1/4's 
    • Sprinkle cut veggies onto spinach 
7. 10 minutes before chicken is ready drain black beans and place in pot at medium heat. 
8. Add 1 cup of green salsa to black beans and let simmer, occasionally stirring for 10 minutes or until hot 
9. Place 1 cup worth of black beans on top of veggies 
10. Take chicken out of oven and plate on top of beans 
11. ENJOY! :)



Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out their, I hope your children are treating you like the Queen you are! :) 
I want to wish my Mom (Patricia Salazar) a very happy Mother's Day! 
Thank you for all that you do for me, for always being there for me when I needed you the most. You have done so much for me, and helped me to come so far! I am here today because of you, because of all the things you taught to me. As well as what Nana taught both of us! It is an ongoing cycle of love that cannot be broken! Here are to many more Mother's Days to come and celebrating everyday like it's Mother's Day.


Pistols...Out
xoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment