Thursday, September 18, 2014

Organic Zucchini Pasta with spicy sausage bites!


Hi all! 

In my recent post, I just shared with you all that I am trying to stay away from grains and processed sugars as best I can. I have cooked up a couple yummy dishes that I would like to share with you all! 

First up is Zucchini Pasta with spicy sausage bites: 

This recipe will feed 2 with leftovers or 4 :)

In order to spiral the zucchini you will need what I call a spiral slicer. The one that I have is called a

Paderno-World Cuisine Spirooli Slicer

 

Ingredients: (remember I try my best to only buy organic :)) 
  • 2 large Zucchini 
  • 3-4 Shitaki  mushrooms 
  • 1 cup Spinach 
  • 4 links Spicy Sausage 
  • Marinara Sauce 
  • Butter
  • Garlic powder 
  • Pepper 
  • Oregano 
  • Basil 
Instructions: (pre-wash all veggies before beginning! :)) 
  • You want to get a large skillet and set to medium heat
  • While pan heats, cut spicy sausage into bite size pieces 
  • Place a slice of butter to your liking onto the pan to grease it
  •  Once pan is greased to your liking, place sausage onto pan
  • Spiral your Zucchini and set aside 
  • Don't forget to toss your sausage around so it doesn't burn 
  • Cut Shitaki mushrooms into small pieces
  • Once the Sausage begins to lightly brown, add the zucchini noodles and let sauté 



  • Take a small pot and heat marinara sauce to your liking ( I put in about half a jar) 
  • Season sauce to your liking using the garlic powder, pepper, oregano and basil
  • Add the mushrooms to the marinara and stir occasionally 
  • Once meat is throughly cooked go ahead and either serve by plate or put into a big bowl mix and serve that way! :) 


Enjoy my healthy friends!! 

Much love! 
Pistols...Out xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment