Thursday, February 28, 2013

It's Ok to Cheat! A little...

Hey all,

Hope everyone's week is going well! It's almost FRIDAY, whoop whoop! In inspiration of a dear friend of mine I thought that I would touch on a subject that many do not either grasp the concept or are afraid to try. I'm talking about the glorious CHEAT MEAL!




Now notice I said meal, NOT day! This is important to note, you do not want to ruin your progress by losing it. A whole day can turn into two, which can turn into a month and so forth. One meal, and you can have up to two a week. That's a pretty good deal right?

You get to eat healthy, making your body happy and you get to also eat whatever the hell you want 2x a week!



Whey you are trying to lose weight modifications are important to your succsess. Jus like adding more weight or changing up the reps, you need to change up your eating habits as well. Yes, sometimes our plans suck, but they are only for such a small period of time. 

I decided a month ago that I wanted to try and get back into my competition shape. I have been eating clean. My diet mostly consisting of good fats, protein, and veggies. Everything else is off limits. Yes, it is easy for these things to become habit, and not even think about what I can't eat. However, I do have a sweet tooth and find myself getting those cravings. It is ok though, because I have cheat meals to look forward too. This actually helps curve my craving because I know I'll get it later, and that's what I tell myself. 
Now I want to make myself clear, if you are just starting out and you have a big goal, anywhere between 20+ lbs. You don't want to start off with cheat meals in your diet, they will come later. Give yourself about a month to get into the groove of things, set up a routine, and let it become a habit before you start. 
I know you are worried you will bounce back to those habits, but trust me once that meal is over you will feel so gross. You will tell yourself you don't want to eat like that again, but we all know you will (it's ok, it's normal!) 


Now let me tell you a little more about this cheat meal. It should break all of your diet rules, DON'T HOLD BACK! Remember though you only get 1 meal, don't binge eat 10,000 calories. If you want some ice cream have a bowl, not the whole tub. If you want some pizza have a slice or two, not all 12 slices. You can have 1 to 2 a week but keep them at least 3 days apart.


The science behind it, is that when you restrict yourself with a "diet" for a period of time, you can end up feeling fatigued or run down. This is because of the low glycogen levels in your muscles. Glycogen gives your body energy. A cheat meal replenishes those levels. This helps your body refuel. 
Also, we have talked about when you are overly restrictive on your calorie intake your body can go into starvation mode, thus decreasing your weight loss over time. The cheat meal shocks your metabolism and sets it into turbo mode. 


So go ahead and eat that cake, pizza, or nachos you've been craving it's ok!! 

I hope you that you enjoyed this weeks article!! Until next week! 

Pistols....Out! 
xo




No comments:

Post a Comment