Thursday, December 27, 2012

Time for New Beginnings!

New Years is right around the corner and here we are all again faced with the "New Year Resolution". If you have decided like most people what it is going to be, well..... good for you! For those of you who have not I have some words of advice.... 
Pick one that is manageable... 

A wise women just told me pick 2 simple things you can change easily in your daily life... For example I will incorporate a vegetable into 2 of my meals 3 days out of the week...

I will run for 5 minutes each day ( I hate running by the way so this would me a good one for myself)

I will only have 5 drinks each weekend.... 

Whatever it might be make it a little thing that you know you can do and that you are willing to do! People set themselves up for failure before they even begin! I will quite drinking, and then you remember your best friends birthday is in a month and there it goes out the window, I will go to the gym 6 days out of the week, when you currently don't workout at all.

It is great to have a specific GOAL, but we are talking about a resolution something that will stay with you for a lifetime, something to better you as a person, something that makes YOU happy!!



Goals are great but most have deadlines, and are forever changing.... to I want to lose 15 lbs to I want to be a triathlete, all great things!!! Like I said though they are forever changing, and you want this to forever stay, to become a habit, a way of life! I know I want more then one but for now here is mine...

Writing this Blog is going to help me in so many ways, writing is a great outlet for many, and for me it works, even if no one was reading I would still write. It calms me, makes me feel good. I just hope that I can help someone who was once in my shoes, or just help someone in general. Anyways enough about that, my point is my new years resolution to better me by challenging my knowledge, education, time management skills, and commitment is to...... drumroll please.................................

START BLOGGING 2XWEEK!!!  haha I know it's silly but as on January 1st I would like Tuesdays to be my workout of the week for anyone who would like to try it, and Thursdays are topic days whatever might come about that week like I have been doing!!! As of now this is what I have, and actually.... I just thought of another right now!!! 

I used to do this thing where when I met someone or ran into someone I would always compliment them on something I truly liked. I think I'm going to start that again, it makes someones day to smile at them, but it does one better to tell them that you like there smile, their laugh, their shirt even!!! I like making people happy, so I think that this is a great one!!! 

Remember: Keep it easy, keep it manageable, and keep it true to who you are!!! 

If you love music don't give up your Ipod that's just silly, if you like to eat cake don't give it up find a way to reduce the amount you are eating, a healthy new recipe or add a healthy activity so you can have your cake and eat it too!!! 

Their are too many people who fail, be the one to succeed, if you want to lose 30 lbs, start with 5... or start with going to the gym 2 x week and walking outside 2 x week, it doesn't have to be a number it has to be a habit to make it happen so focus on that and the rest will come!! 

Thanks for dropping by and everyone have a safe and HAPPY New year!!! See you in 2013!!! 

Pistols.....Out
xo





No comments:

Post a Comment