Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Keeping Your Chin Up!

Keep your chin up, stay positive, look for the light at the end of the tunnel, don't give up, keep going, when one door closes another one opens, everything happens for a reason.... 

These are all things I'm sure we have had people tell us or have even told ourselves. The thing about it is, it has no effect on us unless we truly believe it. If you are stuck on that fact that you have had a strike of bad luck or that this just isn't your day, week, or year.... well my friend I hate to be the barrier of bad news but you are WRONG!!! 

YOU make your own luck! You make your day good or bad! Yes, don't get me wrong bad things happen to the best of us, but it's how you react to the situation that make or breaks you literally! I'll give you three incidences that have happened to me and how I handled them: one personal life, one work, and one health related..... 

Personal: 

I have recently moved to San Francisco as many of you know, and of course 2 months into it... my bank account is beginning to build again (THANK GOD...haha). I drive to work I had parked my car in the marina, went to go move it because of course it's only 2 hour parking. I look around, "I must have parked it one more street down, nope not there".....umm start to panic, yep it's gone..... TOWED!!!!!! BAHHHHHH my whole bank account wiped out, thanks SF. Was I mad at the person who called, was I mad at the city, did I cry.... YES!!! It was the worst, but at the end it was my fault. It wasn't luck or a bad day, I was the idiot not paying attention everyone else was just doing what they needed. Getting there car out of the driveway, doing there job by towing my car, collecting the money, writing the lovely ticket I found on my windshield. The point is I could have sulked about it for weeks, but I look it as a lesson. I was buying extra groceries that were going bad, buying coffee when I could make my own at home, simple things like that. I took this as I need to be more careful with my expenses and just take things a little slower, pay more attention. Maybe there was no lesson, but I found a couple and learned from them. Look for the lesson, if anything it will only make you better. Ok got over that and have $$ back in the bank...... 

Work: 

This happened to me yesterday... let me explain for those who don't know.... I have to sell a certain amount of personal training every month, I am given a goal and I have to hit it. I even have a supplementation goal I have to meet. Anyways I was at $0 as of yesterday afternoon and had a meeting with my boss about it. I have to hit this ###.....HAVE to.... ugh this is the part of my job I hate. Ok so what am I going to do, now I'm stressed I know my clients will be able to see it on my face and I'm gonna be cranky, I refuse, I love all of my clients the deserve the best. I vented about it and decided I can't be a debbie downer and let if effect me. I am leaving to go home on Friday I have to do whatever I can to get that #. That's what I did, I stayed positive and did not push my clients to buy....  I simply let them know where they stand with sessions and asked them to re-sign when they come in. What happened? So far one of my clients has re-signed, I have 3 more, and I'm 1/3 of the way there. BOOM! Yes not all the way, but all I can do is stay positive and try to help my clients and do my job the best I can. It is better then nothing!!! Don't let those things effect your whole day, take it, swallow it, and keep going! 

Health: 

After moving to the city I had gained some weight, of course all due to my poor habits that I couldn't seem to shake. I was on the scale everyday, looking in the mirror, and judging myself. After my competition I have been very harsh on myself always holding myself to that standard. I was betting myself up and literally driving myself insane, doing the same thing and expecting a different result. We all know that's not going to happen. I finally came to terms with myself. When I am ready to get back into it and stop enjoying life to the fullest eating and drinking whatever I want, then it will happen. Sure enough it has, I gave myself some time to be me and enjoy all I wanted. Now I have hit that wall and I feel better then ever. I finally got my motivation back, I'm ready to commit to not drinking and eating natural, no preservatives haha. Will my trainer is setting me up with a wicked plan when I get home and I can't wait. 

We all struggle is my point! We are only here for a short time, so enjoy it! Don't let the small stuff get you, even if it seems like a big deal at the time. Stop, breath, and really think about your life as a whole. Will it matter in 15 years? If yes, then fight for it, do whatever you can to get there, but don't beat yourself up and take it out on others. Stay positive and keep calm, believe in yourself. Ask yourself what you can do to improve the situation, what can you take away from it? Then do it and move forward. What happened a second ago is already in the past, so don't move backwards always move forwards! I hope that this helps!!! Until next time....

Pistols.....Out
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment