Saturday, October 17, 2015

Saturday core and upper body workout

What's up everyone?!!!

Happy Saturday!! I can't believe another week has come and gone, it seems like the weeks are just flying by. I hope you are enjoying them to the fullest! :) For the past couple weeks I have been doing a lot of plyometrics (jumping), heavy leg work, and by doing some my body wasn't happy with me. I started to give myself Plantar fasciitis. This is where your calf muscles get tight and then begin to pull on the muscles in the foot, giving you a sharp pain when you walk. I decided to nip this problem in the bud and started stretching, foam rolling, and just staying off of it this week (besides light walking). I have a couple more days of rest and then I'll be back at it on Monday. :) It's feeling a lot better. Case in point, please make sure you are listening to your body, if you need rest take it. Trust me your body knows best, don't push it! It's better to take care of the problems before they happen then having to have set backs like I just did this week.

That being said, today's workout will focus on core and upper body. If you want to see this workout live you can tune into my Periscope channel @ebfbyashley at 12:30PM PST today. I will review all the moves so you have an idea of what they look like, and the video will stay up for 24 hours.

Just a heads up I am changing my handle on Monday and I am going to transition to a different blog as well. I am rebranding to a new name my new IG handle is @fitfestivalbabe and my new blog will be Fit Festival Nation. You'll be able to find me at fitfestivalnation.blogspot.com :) I'll give you all the details there. Also my twitter and periscope is @fitfstvalnation I can't wait for this new journey!! It's gonna be good, so stay tuned! :)

Let's get started shall we!

Warm-up: 2x8 
Shoulder circles
Neck circles
Reach overs
Side lunge taps
Standing cat cow
Standing knee hugs
Hip circles
Chest opener

Workout: 3x30sec/10-15 sec rest: between each set rest 30-90 seconds

Circuit 1: 
Push to pray
Alt super mans
Tricep push up to superman swimmers
High plank reach under (R)
High plank reach under (L)

Circuit 2: 
Standing knee crunch to shoulder push up
Dancing crab (R)
Grasshopper push-up
Dancing crab (L)
Tornado crunches

Circuit 3: 
Single arm mountain climber (R)
Alternating staggered push-up
Single arm mountain climber (L)
Seated heel tap lemon squeezers

No comments:

Post a Comment