Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Killer workouts, Including total body, upper body, cardio and abs. Also, a little preaching on rest and enjoying life :)

Hi all,

I'm back at it in the gym, I am rested and recovered from feeling sick last week and my Outside lands festival over the weekend! I was able to get in a workout last Friday in our new outdoor "playground" at work! I had so much fun, the rest time I had really helped to remind me how much I really do enjoy and love fitness. Working out makes me feel so powerful and strong, and it's fun! You are doing a lot of good for your body in so many different ways. Also, it did help me to realize how important rest is, and that I really don't give my body enough of it. I felt so efficient in my workout after resting for a couple days and letting my body completely recover. I was pressed for time last Friday, so I didn't have time to share the workout with you but here it is and what I have been up to so far this week! :)


Friday Playground Workout: (I love my job by the way :))

  • Dynamic warm up for 10 minutes 
  • Superset: 2x 
    • Sled push down and back 2x 
    • Sledge hammer tire hits 20 (10 on each side) 
    • Kettlebell dead lift 5-on the 5th hold and do 5 bent over rows 5x (that's one set)
    • Tricep dips 25
    • Backward sled push down and back 1x 
    • Heavy med ball 5 squats on the 5th load and throw, Frog jump to the ball, 1 burpee,  repeat down and back
    • Money bars 
    • Weighted v-ups 20
    • Weighted Russian twists 20 on each side 
    • High plank walk in's 10 on each side 




Monday: 
  • Cardio: Stair master 30 minutes- fat burner 
  • Abs: 
    • Decline leg lifts 3x10 (right, center, left=1 rep) 
    • Bal-a-Core Sprinter abs 3x15 on each side 
    • V-ups 3x25

Tuesday: 
  • Cardio: Stair master 30 minutes- fat burner 
  • Upper body: 
    • Superset: 
      • Barbell press jerk 4x5 
      • Barbell standing upright row 4x10
    • Superset: 4x10
      • Standing cable rear delt pulls 
      • Standing single arm cable front shoulder raises 
    • Superset: 4x10
      • Skull crushers barbell
      • Barbell drag curls
    • Superset: 3x Failure 
      • Plank pull-up 
      • Diamond push-up 
There you go team! Remember there is no quick or easy way to reach those goals, and if there is, it's usually too good to be true and unsustainable. If you want to do it right and keep it tight for years and years to come, you must do it right. That means making exercise part of your life style and making healthy choices when it comes to food. Not all the time, you all know me I live in moderation and in balance, but most of the time. You have to want it and work for it! Nothing in this world comes easy! You can do it, you just have decided what is important to you and don't let anyone stand in your way! You deserve to be the best version of yourself!! 

P.S. Here is me this weekend enjoying the finer things in life, it is a screen shot from a video so don't try and watch it lol :) 




Much love, 
Pistols xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment