Monday, April 6, 2015

Get Results That Stick!

Hi everyone!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend! It's time to start a new week and keep reaching for those goals!
It is important that you know and realize that fitness is a journey not a destination. Many times we focus on the short term goal instead of looking to the future. I'm not saying those short term goals are not important, of course they are. That is what keeps you motivated and going, those small wins! You should always have a long term and short term goal! Here are mine: 
  • Short term: Get hot for Coachella 
  • Long term: Quality of life as I age, no dippers when I'm in my older years
This is what keeps me going day in and day out! Whatever it is, make sure you write it down some place you can see it everyday this will help! 

I want to talk to you about my most recent transformation. I have been a beach body coach for going on 4 months now. I signed up skeptical of the programs and the foundation that beach body stands on. As the days went by and I went through coach training I realized that this company is there for me for us! To help people first and foremost, this is a community of people that want to see you succeed in life and in fitness. I purchased the 21 day fix program, I have never done an at home workout DVD, what are we living in the 90's?! As I pressed play, I told myself this will be easy, I got this. Hahahahah it was tough, different then what I had been doing in the gym. It hit me, this was going to be hard, and if it was hard for me, a person who works out for a living, shish how will my clients react? Duh.... they will love it! :) 

I started following the meal plan using my containers and meal guide. I realized how much extra I was consuming, and all the little bites of everything here and there were adding up. 

As the days and weeks went on I began to notice a change in my body. I felt faster, stronger, leaner, not only that I had more confidence. Let's all be honest, it doesn't matter how many times people tell you look great, unless you feel it, you don't believe it! When I gain weight, I lose self confidence, my cloths don't fit right and I have to have the "talk" with myself about putting my skinny jeans away, which is a feeling no one likes! 

I had decided no more! I was doing this thing full force. Given the fact that I am human, I knew that I would fall and stumble some days. I gave myself a 4 month window to reach my goals (be hot for Coachella remember?) That is what I did!

It wasn't easy, some days where harder then others, some days I didn't try. I always kept in mind that yesterday doesn't effect today. Just because I made bad choices earlier I won't let that effect my whole outcome, the whole 4 months. If I didn't want to work out that day, I listened to my body. I would foam roll or stretch. If I missed a day I didn't beat myself up. I did the best I could, and to be honest if I wanted ice cream or pizza I didn't deprive myself but kept it for the weekends only. I cut out drinking as much as I could my max is 3 drinks a weekend. 

This all took time though and patience! You can do it, just remember it's a journey not a destination! 
Here are my results! Check it out, I'm so happy with where I am and how far I have come! 



No comments:

Post a Comment